Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I consider myself to be very lucky to have found someone so early in life and in such a way that give's us such an amazing story. It's a bittersweet thing, to know you have the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, but to be separated from them by hundreds of miles. If I could would I have changed the distance from the beginning? That's a hard question to answer. While I would give anything to be with Dustin all the time and to see him whenever I want; our distance relationship makes us stronger. Im not sure, if I could do it all again, would I change it? There were so so many time I would have given anything to have just be able to pick up and move to where he is. It gets so difficult and so heartbreaking to be away from each other. But the positive result of all of it is that our relationship is going to be so much stronger and we will be able to deal with so many challenges that may come our way in our lives because we delt with something early on and made it through together.

It's been two years, how the time flies. I guess it tends to go by a little quicker when the majority of the time is spent counting down days until the next time we see each other. It amazes me all the things we've got to experiece together despite being separated during a good portion of these 2 years. I've had the pleasure of traveling with his family, we've gone on road trips to visit my grandparents, and each time we are together there is always something we want to share with each other. We've learned to appreciate things more and cherish the time we spend together. Even a dinner and a movie, which most people probably take for granet, is special to us because its a moment we get to share together. I think that even when we do have the luxury of living in the same place, we won't loose that appreciation of each other. We know that we are so lucky to be together and we should cherish every single moment.

We're in the home stretch right now, Dustin and I are in our last years of school and soon we will be together. It is a constant course of hope for us, the idea of not having to deal with distance and just being together whenever we want to be. I have no doubt that our plans for the future will work out for us, but no matter what our love can withstand whatever life brings us.

I love you baby always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment