Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meeting the Amadee's







Meeting Gina's family for the first time (back in 07') was a great experience. Gina always told me things about Judy, Lou, and Meredith (which were good things) and to meet them put everything in perspective. I remember flying in that day and was really nervous but excited. I flew in late that night and by the time I arrived at Gina's house they were all asleep. So when I woke up the next day, Judy was in the kitchen and I introduced myself (because Gina sleeps forever :)). At first I didn't know it but Judy has become a mom away from home, just like their whole family has. That night we all had dinner together and I really got to know them very well, as they did with me. They all were very welcoming, nice, care-free, and made me feel right at home and they still do to this day. I am very lucky not only to have a beautiful and loving girlfriend, but to also have the same from her family is a plus.



Later in our relationship I had the honor to meet Gina's grandparents in PA (Judy's mom and dad). That again was an amazing experience and I was lucky to have meet them. We spent a lot of time with them while we were there and enjoyed doing a lot of things together, such as shopping at some clothes store that I can't remember the name of but Gina is obsessed with it, Golden Corral (haha), running, food (which was very good), learning about winery, and of course playing on the Wii. Watching Gina's grandparents playing the Wii was worth the drive to PA and needless to say they were pretty good at Tennis.



I also got to meet Lou's mother, which was very entertaining as well. As the whole family knows she likes her pictures and there is nothing wrong with trying to capture the moments. Lou's grandmother was full of energy and excitement and whenever she was around there was never a dull moment.



Then there is Meredith (just kidding). Meredith and Gina are sisters and both are very close even though it may not seem like that at times. Meredith is like a sister of mine too and she is probably the person with the most energy that I have ever seen, again even though at times it may not seem like it (again, just kidding Meredith). It's funny to hear Gina or anybody in their family to tell me about her life and her boy situation. What I mean by her boy situation is that I remember one time she was going to meet up with some guy who is a friend of a friend and Judy and Gina both wanted me to talk to Meredith about it and let her know the risks of going to see someone she really doesn't know. The situation wasn't as bad as it seems because the person that she meet was a good guy, but knowing Judy she was being protective over her daughter and I admired that. Needless to say Meredith came back alive and OK. But in all honesty Meredith is someone who I am glad that I meet, she has given me a different perspective in life (even though she doesn't think so) on how to live it and enjoy it.



Lastly, I had the pleasure in meeting some of Lou and Judy's closest friends (Chuck and many others) and siblings. They all were very friendly and again, full of excitement. They all are amazing people and have something unique about every single one of them. I have a lot of memories with them that I will never forget and I'm sure there will be more to come.



Most people don't look forward to meeting their significant others parents or in-laws but that's defiantly not the case with me, I would see them everyday if I could just as if they were a family of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment