Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Goodbye Arizona I'm off to Oklahoma!

So here I am on the eve of my departure from Arizona to Oklahoma. Its a bittersweet feeling. Dustin and I have been waiting for this moment for the past 3 years. Its insane to think about what we've been through during this time and the distance that separated us. When I look back on that time-it does seem as if it's just flown by, but then it seemed as if it'd be forever until we got to this point.

When Dustin and i first got together, we had a plan for what our lives would be like after we graduated, and things didn't go the way we had planned. I can still recall the day we found out Dustin didn't get into ASU's athletic training program- it was a crushing blow as we came to the reality of our situation. There was no way I was going to spend another year away from him.

It's a strange thing to be leaving Arizona, I've grown up here and it hasn't really hit me yet that I'm leaving. It feels like this is my version of "going off to college" since i didn't go out of state. I'm saying goodbye to all these places and people I've seen everyday for 18 years.

I'll miss my family and the comforts of home and I am appreciative of all of their support and love these past fews years and with this decision. I know its not easy for them for me to leave, but they know that it's time for me to start something new.

I am a firm believer that nothing in life is fate-that everything happens for a reason. Never did I think I'd go on a vacation to Indiana and meet the love of my life and never did I think it'd be at this point-about to leave my childhood home and move to a place where I only know him. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be moving to Oklahoma, but here I am going. But as I leave I am confident and know that I am making the right choice. I love him more than anything in this world and am so excited to start this new chapter in our lives.
So goodbye Arizona-it's been fun and don't worry I'll come back and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment