Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shop your closet Challenge


" border="0" />

Well its no secret to anyone who knows me that I love clothes,shoes, accessories and shopping period. I've found now that I'm living in Oklahoma and paying more bills on my own, I don't have the money for the things I did a year ago. I'm never at $0 at the end of the month, but each month I see my cushion slowly dwindling. I've been contemplating doing something like this for awhile but I was reading a blog I follow this evening and she was talking about a shopping ban/ shop your closet challenge. I though that's what I need to do! 9 times out of 10 I shop because its something to do, not out of necessity. Living in a small town, there isn't much else to do on weekends besides shop around town. It seems everyday money is going somewhere. I don't think ive gone a week without buying new clothes/shoes accessories With the wedding approaching and marriage, I need to save all the $ I can which is why I am going to partake in this challenge.
This by no means will be easy, I'm a sucker for anything new or exciting. I just need to tell myself I don't really need it. My rules and regulations include all clothing items shoes and accessories. I will allow myself on cheat item, only one so I better make it good! Im not going to go too extreme with this and I'm going to try and go until memorial weekend with this challenge.
So I'll update with my progress and let you know how I'm doing!
Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment