Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...

Well its official.....Dustin got a job offer from Oklahoma State University and we're moving there later this summer! I'm so glad and relieved that a decision has finally been made and proud of Dustin for all of his accomplishments.
When the notion of Dustin not going to ASU first became reality, I knew that no matter where he was I was going to go with him. We've been in a long distance relationship for 2 1/2 years now and while we could go more time, its something neither of us wanted to do.
Moving to Oklahoma means that Dustin and I are leaving everything behind, family friends, the comfort of home. But going through this process together is going to make it much easier.
When I tell people I'm moving, one of the first questions is about marriage. Are we going to get married before we leave? When will we get married?
Dustin and I have come to the decision that we want to wait to get married until after he is done with Grad school. We're not going to rush into a marriage just because we're moving . I don't think it would be a wise decision for either of us because we've never lived in the same place before.
Some may think I'm crazy to follow my boyfriend to another state without being married (or engaged) but I'm confident in our relationship and am completely assured by him and my feelings that we will be together.
The plan is to fly out to OSU (located in stillwater OK) over spring break to check everything out. We need to find a place to live and just get a sense of our new surroundings. I'm not sure of the exact date of the move, but we're thinking sometime in early July.
It's a big step for the both of us and one that will not be easy by any means. But we will be together and that means absolutely everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment