Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Everything Happens for a Reason

the roses Dustin had sent to my work today
card reads "Just Because...Love, Dustin"

Well in the past couple days, Dustin and I have received news that we weren't exactly planning for. Since we began dating 2 1/2 years ago, we have talked about Dustin coming out to Arizona for Grad School. We've talked about it ever since we've been together and I guess you could say we were counting out chicken's before they hatched but I think we just wanted to know there was a light at the end of the tunnel of distance.

Well...Unfortunately Dustin was not selected for the graduate assistantship at ASU. the news was hard for the both of us to deal with but we knew we couldn't dwell upon it. I knew bottom line I did not want to be away from him for any longer and would go wherever he went.

Right now, Dustin is deciding between 2 good schools to continue on with his education and athletic training. One is closer to Arizona and one is closer to Indiana. Either place would be an adventure and an opportunity. I am supportive of whichever school he chooses and which ever is the best for him career and education wise. So I suppose I will be moving sometime before august...

It will be difficult for the both of us to pick up and go to a brand new place, but I am happy and confident that as long as we are together everything will be perfect. I am glad I get to share this experience with him. I am so proud of Dustin for everything he's accomplished and he should be very proud of himself as well. I just know with the dedication and drive he has for his field that he will be very successful.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and while it may not make sense to us right away, there is a plan and everything will work it self out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment